Wanted: We are currently looking for energetic, fun, and passionate Group Fitness Instructors for our Coquitlam location at Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness (Club16LP). We offer a variety of different classes at Club16LP and are looking for the right individuals to share their expertise and knowledge in these classes. Some of the examples of Group Fitness classes offered at Coquitlam include yoga and stretch, strength, cardio, etc.
A Group Fitness instructor is responsible for leading multiple group fitness classes through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun classes that promote health and fitness in a positive environment. The qualified candidate must have the talent to effectively cue, count, and organize choreography. Instructors should possess the skills to motivate the group and be able to teach a variety of fitness classes.
Must have at least 1-year experience as a Fitness instructor. Minimum of one recognized Group Exercise Certification.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Expectation is to teach at least 2 permanent classes per week.
- Plan and instruct fitness classes following Club16LP standards and guidelines
- In addition to instructing the Group Classes, organize and prepare choreography, music and other elements.
- Ensure class content inspires and motivates participants; adapt as required to create an experience that delivers results.
- Observe and motivate individual participants on their progress. Develop a strong rapport with members.
- Arrive early to welcome class participants, assist with their setup and answer questions; ensure the class starts and ends as scheduled.
- Be available to respond to questions related to fitness prior and post class.
- Ensures safe and effective workouts.
- Respond, document and report and accident and incidents.
- Promote Club16 LP programs and services.
- Follow Club16LP policies and procedures
- Adhere to brand standards, class formats and safety procedures.
- Build a follower-ship through internal referrals and on social media.
- Participate in ongoing learning and development.
- Report any equipment concerns to Club Management and Group Fitness Coordinator.
- Attend staff meetings and approved training as required by Club16LP.
- Maintain current certifications. Submit copies of Certifications as updated to Group Fitness Coordinator.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to the Club Managers or Group Fitness Coordinator.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Education & Qualifications
- Must have basic knowledge of fitness or equivalent work/education experience.
- Must have a minimum 25 hours of practical experience as a fitness Instructor
- Must have the ability to lead a fitness class and to motivate and educate members in the field or physical fitness
- High energy, an enthusiastic personality and a passion for people
- Ability to capture the attention of 20 + class participants and create an inspiring experience
- Have the ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Physically able to perform the position
- Group Fitness Certification from a recognized fitness association (e.g. BCRPA, CanFitPro, ACE)
- Current CPR/FFA is required
- Strong ability to encourage and motivate others
- Enthusiastic and high energy
Our T.E.A.M. of dedicated fitness professionals are Transparent, Energetic, Accountable and Member Focused. Did we describe you? Want to learn more? Let us know! Please submit your resume.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.